Neamţ Fortress - Târgu Neamţ, 1 Arcaşului
st., on Pleşu Hill
Founded in 1395 by voivode Petru I Muşat, then consolidated in the 15th
century by Ştefan cel Mare and again renoved by voivodes Ieremia Movilă
and Vasile Lupu. Its history is tied to the history of the country.
Fortress Day: the 2nd of July.
Bâtca Doamnei Fortress
(Petrodava) - Piatra Neamţ
It was founded in 1st century b.C., but there are traces of
an much older civilisation.
The New Fortress from
Sagna commune, Gâdinţi
village, 5 km est of Roman, on the left side of Siret river, near its
confluence with Moldova river.It was built by the voivode Ştefan cel
Mare in 1466 for defending purpose. Over time the monument was distroyed
twice. (not to be apt to be confunsed with the old wood and earth fortress
built on the left side of Moldova river by Roman I Muşat which was burnt
Palace of the Cneji - Ceahlău commune
It was built in three stages:
- the hetman (minister of war) Gheorghe, Vasile Lupu’s brother found
a stone church in 1639 and other buildings made of wood and bricks on
the spot of an old hermitage;
- the voivode Antonie Ruset, his son-in-law, built in 1672 a stone wall
and the great tresurer Toderaşcu Cantacuzino built 4 round towers and
buildings for living.
- In the 19th century this small fortress was renoved several times
and in 1850 was bought by Sturza family. The church was renoved in 1958.
The Mountain Corps Monument-mausoleum
- Târgu Neamţ
It is placed on the Pleşului Hill, at 491 m altitude in order to be
well seen. It was made by the arhitect Theodor Burcă in the memory of
the heros of First World War. It was inaugurated in 1939 by the King
The Monument from Războieni
Ştefan cel Mare Bridge - Girov
It left only ruins.
Ivaşcu House - Piatra Neamţ, Alexandru
cel Bun st.
building with an architecture from the 19th century was made of wood
on a high stone foundation.
Lalu House - Piatra Neamţ, 44
Ştefan cel Mare st, tel. 0233 214351
This beautiful construction was built
in 1912 by the builder Carol Zane. Now, here is The Children Palace.
House- Piatra Neamţ, Paharnicului st., tel. 0233
It was founded at the begining of the19th century
by police prefect (aga) Dimitrie Gheorghiadis. This massive building
was used as a storage for merchandises and now there is a restaurant.
Aristide Caradja House - Grumăzeşti commune
It is located in the middle
of a dendrological park. Here lived the great entomolog, Aristide
Caradja (1861-1955) who made up an unique and very important collection
of lepidopteras, donated to "Grigore Antipa" Museum in Bucharest.
Cantacuzino House - Ştefan cel Mare
commune, Şerbeşti village
Situated near the St. George
Church, the house was built in the 17th century and renoved in the 19th
century. Now, there is a school for children with handicaps.
Cârligi Inn - Stefan cel Mare commune
This historical monument was built, probably,at the end of the 17th
century. The exterior seems to be common, but the interior architecture
expresses the true beauty of this building.
Crupenschi Hall (residence) - Podoleni
It was built, probably, at
the end of the 18th century, but it was modified in 1850 and 1950.
Ioachim House - Roman, 5 Nicolae Titulescu
st., phone: 0233 744628
It was built in 1864 by the merchant Vasile Ioachim and then, probably,
was painted by Venetians painters. Now there is the City Library.
Iohann Simeon Brukner House - Roman
Situated near The Romanian Orthodox Episcopal Cathedral, it was built
before 1818 in a classic but ingenious architecture.
Nevruzzi House - Roman, 19 Cuza Vodă
It was built in the first half of 19th century. Now there is The History
Vornic Done's House
- Roman (center)
It was built at the end
of the 18the century and in 1825 was bought by Grigore Done, the Minister
for Internal Affairs. The architecture is classic , but very intersting.
There was born in 1912, the great conductor Sergiu Celibidache.